BIGGEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK
Three skin care experts share their best facial serums for every skin type.
What most people know about skin care can be illustrated in these three examples:
1) They read the labels, but have no idea what it means.
2) They ask their friend Jessica what she uses.
3) They read that article on how coconut oil can be used for, well, everything.
It can be intimidating.
Skin care just happens to be a subject about which I have some knowledge. As a 19-year veteran of the skin care industry, international educator, product specialist, and facial and body treatment trainer, I love sharing information on achieving optimal results from your skin care regimen no matter your age, skin type or skin condition. (Read my full bio here.)
There are four basic steps to achieving really nice healthy skin:
1. Cleanse - non-negotiable, just find one appropriate for your skin type and do it. Just do it. There is something for every skin type, every preference here from Milky to Gel to Foaming Cleansers. (For those interested in creating and keeping Your Best Skin, stay tuned for the first installment on Skin Care 101 where I go into details about each kind of skin care product and how you and your skin can actually become besties.)
2. Tone - jury is still out on this one, but I believe, I do, I do, I do believe in toning. It balances pH which helps prevent bacterial growth, creates a penetration leader for treatment products that follow making them more effective, and, not only does it finish off the cleansing process, it can work as a "light cleanse" with a cotton pad when a full cleanse not possible. But that's just me.
3. Treat - Ah, here's the meat of the menu, the cream in your coffee, the cornerstone of what really makes it all happen...the treatment product. Treatment products can range from scrubs to masks to phytoessences to ampoules to SERUMS. Formulated with higher ratios of performance ingredients with "get-er-done" delivery systems, they penetrate deeper, stay longer, and work harder - they are the biggest BANG for your buck in any skin care arsenal.
4. Moisturize - yep, another no-brainer. Once you've gone to all that effort to get your skin in tip top shape with steps 1-3, you'll want to keep it that way...so, seal it in with a moisturizer already. There are specialty moisturizers that are formulated specifically to address particular needs: i.e. Day Creams, Night Creams, Eye Creams, etc. More on that in the aforementioned upcoming Skin Care 101 posts.
To help make our point about treatment products, and serums in particular, Take Wing consulted two fellow skin care experts to introduce you to some new, and not-so-new Spa and Clinical Serum offerings. Take a peek!
Christine Frantz, Skin Care Expert, Lead Esthetician at Amansala Spa, Scottsdale Resort and Spa, Scottsdale, AZ.
Serums are definitely my favorite arsenal in an anti-aging skincare regimen. It was difficult to pick just two, so the ones I will highlight today are “Active Serum” and “Youth Serum” both from the IsClinical line.
DeeAnn Lensen, President/CEO Touche Esthetique LLC, International Spa Consultant and Educator, Owner, Advanced Spa Technologies, Surrey, BC Canada
Touché! Definition/Merriam-Webster: “-used to acknowledge a hit in fencing or the success or appropriateness of an argument, an accusation, or a witty point.” The word touché shouts empowerment, making it the perfect name for a company that combines powerful empowerment tools with powerful skin rejuvenation products.
Touché Beauty celebrates a thirty-five year legacy with the development of Artfully Chic, high impact German Formulations that deliver beautiful skin. We believe that by championing self-care and overall good skin health through our spa and medical partners, we in turn inspire inner beauty, personal strength and confidence. Our packaging, our serum formulas are clearly works of art. Our commitment to our clients is to treat each interaction, service and education as an opportunity.
The Touché Beauty serums stand ‘on guard’ to pick up where health and wellness leave off (and frankly for some, take the visual edge off of some bad habits.) The basis for looking beautiful is feeling beautiful, so attitude and healthy habits cannot be ignored. However, since only a maximum of 20% of nutrients are available to the organ we call, “skin”…topical supplementation is mandatory.
With new technology in delivery systems and non-toxic cosmeceuticals we can ‘teach the skin to function younger’ by targeting specific (in the moment) needs of the skin with high-impact, high quality and highly performing ingredients. Here is a list of the Touche Beauty Serums. Take a gander and see if any of these speak to your skin's needs.
Leave a Reply.
Colleen Dunn Saftler
Writer, poet, actress, intuitive life coach, global spa specialist, skin care expert and make-up artistry, comic-in-her-own-mind.